Frequently Asked Questions
Below we have answered the most frequently asked questions regarding the Natavo Xero™ Technology and the Avocado Time Machine. If you have a question that we have not answered here, please touch base and ask us.
- Be the leader in your industry and introduce a world #1 technology to the market (patented and trademarked).
- Set a new ‘standard’ in processing cut IQF avocados and pulp (chunky or smooth) in your country. Upgrade your own product portfolio and supply a better product to your existing customers.
- Supply a new, great tasting product to new food service, QSR and retail customers, searching for ‘All Natural’ avocado products with an extended shelf life of 10 days (refrigerated) in any cut style.
- Provide a 100 % safe and certified product to customers worldwide. Realise an increase in your market share by offering a superior avocado product to the customers of your competitors.
- Set an example in environmental processing and be prepared for the future.
HPP does NOT stop browning at all. HPP is a food safety technology only and the HPP treated avocado will go brown within a few hours of opening the bag. HPP only works on pulp. It does NOT work on slices, diced, chunks. It is also a far more expensive technology to purchase and maintain.
Natavo Zero gives 10 days shelf life (after opening the bag), it has a food safety step equal to HPP, it works on all cut of avocado including slices, diced, pulp, chunks, halves etc. It has a much lower purchase price and the cost of maintaining our ATM is very low.
Any cut type of avocado. Halves, chunks, slices, dices, 1/8 cut etc.
Yes. Pulp and guacamole can be produced using Natavo Zero™ technology, with 10-day shelf life after opening bag.
No. The Avocado Time Machine is calibrated specifically for the Natavo Zero ™ technology and can only be used to process avocados. Equally, the license and associated certifications are limited to processing of avocados.
GREAT TASTE – Natavo Zero™ products are the closest taste to fresh avocados.
ALL NATURAL – Zero chemical, zero additives, zero processing aides, just 100% avocado.
EXTENDED SHELF LIFE – 10 days extra shelf life in any style (refrigerated, even after the bag is opened). A minimum of 1 year in the freezer.
100 % SAFETY – Natavo Zero™ technology features a proven ‘Kill Step’. (certified by leading US lab)
LOWER COST – save energy, save water, save on costs for chemicals, no other ingredients needed.
Yes. There is a distinct microbiological ‘kill’ step employed in the technology. Unwanted pathogens and bacteria are eliminated to below standard regulatory limits (certified by leading US lab).
All avocados processed with the Natavo Zero™ technology are 100 % food safe. Guaranteed. This validation certifies that the Natavo Zero™ process and the avocado product produced from it are fully food safe, and includes satisfactory completion of pathogen challenge tests, microbiological proofing and certificate of analysis.
Apart from a very slight change in texture and even smaller change in flavour, all other organoleptic parameters remain the same as fresh avocado fruit. It tastes just like fresh avocado. Equally, there is no change in the component analysis of the avocado, the nutritional and oil content stays the same.
Yes. The technology and the Avocado Time Machine (ATM) carry patent protection across all relevant countries, including Australia, Chile, Peru, Columbia, Dominican Republic, Mexico, USA, Japan, Israel, South Africa, UK and the EU. In fact there are 3 separate patents protecting Naturo’s IP. The Natavo Zero™ word and logo are registered trademarks.
All the Naturo technologies rely exclusively on the natural elements and forces of nature. There is absolutely nothing added to the final products: no chemicals, no additives, no processing aides. There is no use of radiation or any other potentially harmful processing techniques.
The technology carries significant intellectual property, developed from years of research. Please accept that a full disclosure of technology and components is not in the interest of the future partners in this program. Once you are a licensed partner, you will be provided full access to and knowledge of the technology.
This option is currently not scheduled.
Ca. 20 Years.
As a partner in the Service & Marketing Program, you will:
1. Be identified as a certified Natavo Zero™ processor
2. Be able to use the Natavo Zero™ trademark and logo on packaging and for advertising purposes
3. Be represented on the Naturo website which doubles as a portal for your future customers looking for certified suppliers of Natavo Zero™ products.
4. Be part of the Naturo network, receiving and sharing in information & intelligence on all matters relating to avocado business
5. Receive business referrals from Naturo as a supplier of certified Natavo Zero™ products
6. Be represented by Naturo on food trade fairs and other suitable promotional events around the world
7. Receive regular updates on your machinery and Natavo Zero™ technology advances
8. Receive full technical support direct from Naturo engineers
9. Receive spare parts with express delivery service
10. Receive information and updates on new avocado product developments by Naturo
Avocado Time Machine FAQs
The ATM 2.2 has a minimum capacity of 250 kg an hour of fruit throughput.
The ATM 3.5 has a minimum capacity of 500 kg an hour of fruit throughput.
Machines with higher capacity are in planning and will be available soon.
Yes. The ATM is fully compliant with FDA, ANSI, CE, AS, ISO and OSHA standards. Natavo Zero™ is a completely natural process, nothing is added to the product and there are no aspects requiring declaration.
12-14 weeks from invoice & deposit paid, plus shipping time.
All ATM machines come with a full 1-year warranty covering parts and service.
Extension of warranty is currently not available.
License & machinery pricing is based on delivering the machine CIF to port of your choosing. At this point ownership shifts to you and you are responsible for clearing customs and local transport to your premises.
YES: All ATM machines will come with the correct voltage, amperage & plugs to match your country.
What other things do we need to prepare or advise Naturo on, to get ready for the arrival of the ATM machine?
Naturo will provide you with a ‘Pre-Installation Checklist’. This checklist will guide you through what is required from your side to prepare your factory for the arrival of the ATM machine.
The ATM machine has a built-in CIP cleaning system, which does the majority of the cleaning. Manual wash-down is required on some areas, not exposed to the CIP system, to complete the cleaning task.
YES: The Operation Manual is available in Spanish and English.
A Naturo representative will come to your factory to fully install & commission the machine. He will remain on site until the machine is fully operational, product has been tested and your staff have been trained. On completion, he will issue you with an official ‘Installation Certificate’.
Yes. The legs are adjustable.
ATM 2.2: I-shape: 7800 L x 1900 W x 2000 H / L-shape: 5200 L x 4400 W x 2000 H
ATM 3.5: I-shape: 7800 L x 2250 W x 2000 H / L-shape: 5200 L x 4700 W x 2000 H
All our machinery is built in Australia to the highest standards, equipped with the best quality parts from reliable suppliers in Europe and the UK, ensuring consistency of supply for years to come. A detailed ‘trouble shooting manual’ is included as part of the operation manual, to address any possible malfunction. In addition, Naturo offers online technical support & direct contact to a Naturo engineer as part of our service & marketing program. Naturo also carries stocks of key components and parts, which can be readily dispatched via express courier to you in the unlikely event of a sudden breakdown.
What regular maintenance is required on a daily / weekly / monthly / yearly level, to maintain the level of output? What are the costs?
You will be provided with a very comprehensive operating manual which has a very detailed cleaning and maintenance schedule included. Because the ATM machine is actually quite simple, the cost of maintenance is very low.
No. We will fully train your supervisor so he can manage this aspect.
The ATM machine itself only needs a supervisor to start it up, shut it down and ensure all operating parameters stay correct during operation. This supervisor would work across all other aspects of the processing line, not just the ATM.
The ATM can work continuously (24/7), however we do recommend a clean down at the end of each 8 hour shift (takes typically 30 minutes to clean using our in-built CIP cleaning system).
The ATM is fully automated and very simple to operate. Naturo personnel will provide full training to staff & management during the installation & commissioning phase. An operation manual and checklists for daily operation and maintenance are also provided with every ATM machine.
Naturo personnel in conjunction with your HR department.
1. As a partner in the Naturo Service & Marketing Program, you will receive regular notifications of any machinery updates and/or technology upgrades free of charge.
2. As well you will have free access to new products, which can be produced with your machinery, developed by Naturo’s R&D department.
3. All service and marketing programs are free for the first year. After this, the partnership attracts a reasonable fee, based on the capacity of your machine.